Community Clean Up 2021
Community Clean-up - September 12
We are partnering with Community Standards and Waste & Recycling at The City of Calgary to host a community clean-up on September 12. This will help our community get rid of unwanted household items and waste, free of charge.
There will be two trucks onsite for garbage, and one for organics. The event will take place at the Forest Lawn Community Centre, 4020 26 Ave SE. The trucks will be onsite from 9:00 am until 2:00 p.m. on September 12.
We will not accept the following waste items:
- Car batteries
- Glass (e.g. window panes, glass table tops)
- Household appliances with Freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- Liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- Railway ties
- Sod or dirt
- Large metal items (e.g. lawnmowers, barbeques)
- Household hazardous waste including
- Propane tanks
- Automobile, cleaning, healthcare, and gardening chemicals
If you need to dispose any of the items on the list above, please take them to the appropriate place for disposal. You can confirm what materials the landfill accepts and their hours by visiting Calgary.ca/landfill.
We will not be accepting electronics. Please dispose of old electronics at an appropriate facility. The City has a web page that provides information on where to recycle electronics.